|Mirror [#1]||the-old-farmers-almanac-for-kids-volume-6.pdf||46,214 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#2]||the-old-farmers-almanac-for-kids-volume-6.pdf||44,268 KB/Sec|
|Mirror [#3]||the-old-farmers-almanac-for-kids-volume-6.pdf||27,838 KB/Sec|
Fascinating stories, fun facts, and activities that provide hours of edu-tainment make a winning formula for this biannual series created for kids ages 8 and up. This brand-new edition includes chapters with features on . . .
• Astronomy: Earth’s volcanoes and other planetary wonders
• Calendar: origin of the birthday cake, why we save daylight time, and more “special” days
• Health: fun facts about your brain; uncommon advice for the common cold; why we have burps, gas, and other unmentionables
• Weather: wildfire weather, facts about fog
• Food: the history of the hot dog, the making of maple syrup, the first frozen dinner, lunchbox recipes
• Accomplished Kids: kids who made amazing discoveries, kids who help to make the world a better place
• Nature: a bug guide, little-known facts about nuts, poison dart frogs
• In the Garden: secrets of composting, growing a bean teepee and other edibles, plus fun crafts
• Sports: a wooden car derby, plus adventurers Sam Patch (falls jumper), Jay Cochrane (wire walker), and Charles F. Lummis (cross-country hiker)
• Amusement: tips for setting a record, advice for whistlers, and more
• Plus too much more to mention!